1. Maintenance, renewal and efficient use of our existing facilities and assets are key to maximizing impact on a limited budget.
2. Current procurement processes and capital project delivery models severely constrain our ability to keep pace with our more autonomous peers.
3. Research core facilities are a significant research asset, and can be better leveraged to benefit UW, research and industry.
4. Clear need for stronger partnership between UW-Madison, government, industry, and economic development agencies to position the advantages of Dane County and Wisconsin as a high value location for health tech growth.
5. Adaptable laboratories are a priority to meet the unpredictable needs of the future of science.
6. Researchers report a high administrative burden, limiting their ability to produce high-impact science and our ability to recruit and retain top talent.